Last Updated: August 31, 2021
- PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED
Information You Provide to Us Directly
Priority Mechanical Services Ltd. (the “Company”, “we”, “us”, “our”) may collect certain personal information that you provide when you interact with us or use our website, online social pages, or purchase products from us, such as when you (1) create an account; (2) send questions or comments by email or otherwise communicate with the Company; (3) fill in your information when purchasing a product; (4) fill out surveys; (5) transit user content to us; (6) submit information to enter a promotion or contest; or (7) otherwise communicate with us. From time to time, we may obtain your personal information from third parties who provide services to us such as Google Local Services and Search Kings The types of personal information that the Company might collect from you include, without limitation:
• name (including parent/guardian name);
• mailing address;
• telephone numbers;
• e-mail address;
• order/purchase details;
• credit card and other payment information;
• purchase history and preferences;
• website use preferences;
• opinions about our products;
• username, password and other login information;
• customer and product data;
• voice recordings of phone calls with us (under limited circumstances);
• website usage; and
• other contact or identifying information about you.
You are not required to provide us with such information, but certain features of the website, products or services may not be accessible or available, absent the provision of the requested information.
Information Automatically Collected
We also may receive and store certain information about you and your device(s) automatically when you access or use the website. This information may include:
• Technical Information – We may collect technical information associated with your activity on the website and may include information related to your browser and operating system, IP address (the Internet address of your computer) unique device identifiers, and other information such as your device type. We use such information for diagnostic and statistical purposes and to administer the website and the services provided through the website.
• Usage Information – We may collect information to better understand customer traffic patterns usage of the website. This may include the webpage that you were visiting before accessing the website, the pages or features of the website that you browsed, to inform us which part of the website you visit and how much time you spend there. This information is used to analyze and improve the website and to provide our customers with a better user experience.
- USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Company may use or disclose your personal information to operate its website, to fulfill a purchase, to deliver purchased products or services to you, to process your payments for purchases, to process returns or credits, to issue invoices, receipts or other confirmations to you, to deliver satisfactory customer service, to administer our website (including customer only access sections) and social media pages, to contact you to respond to an inquiry or in connection with a product you have purchased, to send promotional communications, to administer contests and other promotions, to collect information for service or sales leads, to create accounting and billing information about you, to provide you with warranties, to maintain and administer maintenance plans, to contact you regarding policy changes, to enforce this Policy, to maintain security and regulatory requirements, and to engage in related activities. The Company may also use our personal information to maintain an internal customer database, which may only be accessed by our employees and affiliates as needed, and customers only section of our website.
Where applicable, you may opt out of having your personal information used or disclosed for a specific purpose at any time by emailing the Company’s Privacy Officer, at the contact details below.
The Company may send your personal information to our service providers (such as payment processing, customer communications management), suppliers (such as product manufactures, warranty providers), our legal and financial representatives (collectively “Receivers”) who help us provide services to you and to help us complete the above-noted purposes/tasks. All such third parties are made aware of the confidential nature of your personal information. Your personal information will be shared with Receivers on a “need to know” basis only and we limit the information shared to what is needed for the specific task being performed or fulfilled. Your personal information may also be disclosed to government agencies as required by applicable law. The Company may also contact you through surveys to conduct research about your opinion on certain matters related to the Company. The Company does not rent, sell or lease its customer lists to third parties.
We may also share your information with third parties where required to protect and defend our legal rights, protect the safety and security of other users of the website, prevent fraud, and to comply with the applicable law.
In the event of sale, transfer, merger, reorganization, dissolution, or similar event we may transfer your information to one or more third parties as part of that transaction, including during the negotiation of an actual or contemplated transaction, but we only provide as much information as is needed for the purposes of the transaction.
- COOKIES, BEACONS, AND OTHER TECHNOLOGIES
Cookies are small web files that a website transfers to your device’s hard drive through your web browser that enables the website’s system to recognize your browser and remember certain information. We use certain first party-cookies to make the website function properly, improve the services provided through the website, recognize you when you return to the website, remember the information you previously provided and provide a secure browsing experience.
Web beacons, also known as web bugs, pixel tags or clear GIFs, are small graphics with a unique identifier that may be included on webpages to deliver or communicate with cookies, in order to track and measure the performance of the website and related services, monitor how many web visitors use the website, and to monitor the effectiveness of our advertising. Unlike cookies, which are stored on the user’s hard drive, web beacons are typically embedded invisibly on webpages (or in an email). We may also use (or our third-party suppliers may use) automated technologies together with personal information that we have collected about you to tailor and deliver ads and content to you when you are on the website.
- SAFEGUARDS AND RETENTION
The Company takes reasonable physical, technological and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse, or modification of personal information under our control. For example:
• Only Receivers and employees who need to know your personal information to perform a specific task (e.g. process a payment) are granted access to that information.
• Two factor authentication and encryption are used on the website.
• The computers and servers where your personal information is stored are kept in a secure environment, are password-controlled with limited access, and have industry standard firewalls and anti-virus software installed.
• Any paper copies of documents containing your personal information are stored in a locked cabinet and shredded once they are scanned into our system.
• Laptops, USB keys, mobile phones and other electronic wireless devices used by our employees who need your personal information are password protected. The Company encourages such persons not to store personal information on such devices unless it is reasonably necessary for them to do so to perform a specific task.
Retention and Storage
Please note that your personal information may be accessed, transferred, disclosed, stored and processed in Canada, the United States and any other country where the Company, its affiliates, its Receivers, and its agents are located or where their cloud computing infrastructures may be hosted.
The Company retains your personal information for only as long as needed to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected, or for as long as necessary to comply with applicable laws, whichever is longer. Personal information that is no longer required is destroyed, erased or anonymized. Your consent to the Company’ collection, use and disclosure of your personal information for such purposes remains valid after the termination of the Company’ relationship with you.
Third Party Links
The Company makes commercially reasonable efforts to keep your personal information complete, up-to-date and accurate. Should you wish to access, update, correct or delete your personal information, or express any concerns regarding our use of your personal information, please contact our Privacy Officer at the contact information set forth below. We ask that you provide us with the name, address and email address that you previously provided to us, a brief description of under what circumstances you provided your personal information to the Company, and the purpose of your request. If you are unsure as to whether the Company is holding any personal information that belongs to you, you may also contact our Privacy Officer for confirmation.
The Company will make reasonable efforts to respond to your request as soon as practicable, or in any event, in compliance with applicable laws. In order to protect your privacy and security, the Company will take steps to verify your identity before granting access or making any changes to the personal information that we maintain.
- POLICY CHANGES
- CONTACT – PRIVACY OFFICER
Attention: Privacy Officer
Mail: Priority Mechanical Services Ltd.
3160 Alps Rd.
Ayr, Ontario N0B 1E0