Retro Installation Person
The Retro Installer will be responsible to adhere to established safe working procedures and wear the proper safety equipment at all times. This position will ensure high standards of workmanship and efficiency. This role will also adhere to company policies and standards. The Retro Installer must possess high school diploma, GED, or equivalent and G2/G1 Gas license and/or 313A/313D Refrigeration, Air Conditioning Systems Mechanic. Must also have work experience in a related field.
Currently looking for an experienced Retro Installation Person. Come join our team of skilled installers. Successful candidates will be a ticketed trades person with experience in residential installations in the retro market.
- Installation and fabrication of ductwork and HVAC equipment.
- Onsite job task planning, determine proper layout of systems.
- Read blueprints, drawings and instructions that are to be followed.
- Use of power tools & hand tools.
- Complete project deadlines, even if means working additional hours.
- Work inside and outside in all weather environments.
- Communicate clearly and professional with site staff, co-workers and customers.
- Maintain timely communications with customers, site supervisors and management to keep them informed of job status
- Represent the company in all aspects of quality workmanship
- Promote health and safety within the workplace.
- Be accountable for workmanship
- Provide a solid leadership, support & resources apprentice.
- Remaining current in the field. Continual growth.
- Daily work is fast pace and physically demanding; standing, bending kneeling and crouching for extended periods of time, lifting objects, repetitive tasks within dusty, noisy and construction areas.
- Complete daily paperwork and timesheet requirements.
- Provide support to retro, service and RNC departments.
- Performing other associated duties, as assigned.
Key Skill Sets:
- Must have valid G drivers licence
- G2/G1 Gas Technician ticket
- 313A/313D Refrigeration, Air Conditioning Mechanic
- Must be a strategic thinker and good communicator; with the ability to see the “big picture”
- Ability to be self-directed and disciplined.
- Always maintain professionalism, tact, diplomacy, and sensitivity to portray the company in a positive manner
- Must be physically capable of performing duties, lifting +60 lbs for the duration of 8.5 hour shift, ladder/stair use
- Could be going on construction sites, must be able to walk on uneven ground
- Able to wear all PPE including work boots and hard hat
- New MOL working at heights training, WHMIS training, etc… considered an asset
- Several years’ experience is an asset
- Solid foundation and understanding.
- Planning and organizational skills.
- Positive attitude and outlook.
- Respond to customer questions/interactions in a courteous and professional manner
- Working hour of 7am-5pm – varies based on workload/seasonally. Available for overtime, if required.
- ½ hour lunch (unpaid) and two 15 min breaks (paid)
- VERY COMPETITIVE hourly wage based on skills and qualifications. 4% vacation pay, accrued.
- 3 month probation period
- Benefits with medical, dental, group life & ad&d
- Company uniform, half paid by employee
- Company vehicle for daily usage on site and to and from the shop.
Priority Mechanical Services Ltd is an equal opportunity employer and strives to ensure that its hiring process meets the needs of all persons with disabilities. As such, Priority Mechanical Services Ltd will provide reasonable accommodation for any applicant, as requested during the hiring process.