Salary: $70,000.00 to $100,000.00 /year
The Gas Technician will be responsible to adhere to established safe working procedures and wear the proper safety equipment at all times. This position will ensure high standards of workmanship and efficiency. This role will also adhere to company policies and standards. The Gas Technician must possess a high school diploma, GED, or equivalent and/or G2/G1 Gas license. Must also have work experience in a related field.
Currently looking for an experienced Gas Technician. Come join our team of skilled installers. Successful candidates will be a ticketed tradesperson with experience in residential installations in the retro or new construction markets.
– Installation of Gas Piping Systems on construction sites and/or occupied homes. Includes all required gas/venting work and connections to appliances.
– Onsite job task planning to determine proper layout of systems.
– Read blueprints, drawings and instructions that are to be followed.
– Use of power tools & hand tools.
– Complete project deadlines, even if means working additional hours.
– Work inside and outside in all weather environments.
– Communicate clearly and professionally with site staff, co-workers and customers.
– Maintain timely communications with customers, site supervisors and management to keep them informed of job status
– Represent the company in all aspects with quality workmanship
– Always maintain professionalism, tact, diplomacy, and sensitivity to portray the company in a positive manner
– Promote health and safety within the workplace.
– Remaining current in the field. Continual growth.
– Daily work is fast-paced and physically demanding; standing, bending kneeling and crouching for extended periods of time, lifting objects, repetitive tasks within dusty, noisy and construction areas.
– Complete daily paperwork and timesheet requirements.
– Provide support to retro and RNC departments.
– Performing other associated duties, as assigned.
Key Skill Sets:
– Must have a valid G drivers licence
– G2/G1 Gas Technician ticket is required
– Must be a strategic thinker and good communicator; with the ability to see the “big picture.”
– Ability to be self-directed and disciplined.
– Must be physically capable of performing duties, lifting 50 lbs for the duration of the shift, ladder/stair use, standing, kneeling and crouching
– Will be going on construction sites, must be able to walk on uneven ground
– Able to wear all PPE including work boots and hard hat
– New MOL working at heights training, WHMIS training, etc… considered an asset
– Several years’ experience is an asset
– Planning and organizational skills.
– Positive attitude and outlook.
– Respond to customer questions/interactions in a courteous and professional manner
– Working hours of 7 am-5 pm – varies based on workload/seasonally. Available for overtime, if required.
– ½ hour lunch (unpaid) and two 15 min breaks (paid)
– Competitive hourly wage. 4% vacation pay, accrued.
– 3-month probation period
– Benefits with medical, dental, group life & ad&d
– Company uniform, half paid by the employee
– Company vehicle for daily usage on-site and to and from the shop.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent