Currently looking for an experienced Plumbing Journeyperson. Come join our team of skilled installers. Successful candidates will be ticketed trades persons with residential installation in either new construction or retro market considered to be an asset.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Rough in and installation of plumbing and fixtures
- Onsite job task planning, determine proper layout of systems.
- Read blueprints, drawings and instructions that are to be followed.
- Use of power tools & hand tools.
- Complete project deadlines, even if means working additional hours.
- Work inside and outside in all weather environments.
- Communicate clearly and professional with site staff, co-workers and customers.
- Maintain timely communications with customers, site supervisors and management to keep them informed of job status
- Represent the company in all aspects of quality workmanship
- Promote health and safety within the workplace.
- Be accountable for workmanship
- Train apprentices.
- Provide a solid leadership, support & resources apprentice.
- Remaining current in the field. Continual growth.
- Daily work is fast pace and physically demanding; standing, bending kneeling and crouching for extended periods of time, lifting objects, repetitive tasks within dusty, noisy and construction areas.
- Complete daily paperwork and timesheet requirements.
- Performing other associated duties, as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
Key Skill Sets:
- Must have active 306A ticket.
- Must have valid G drivers licence
- Must be a strategic thinker and good communicator; with the ability to see the “big picture”
- Ability to be self-directed and disciplined.
- Must be physically capable of performing duties, lifting +60 lbs for the duration of 8.5 hour shift, ladder/stair use
- Will be going on construction sites, must be able to walk on uneven ground
- Able to wear all PPE including work boots and hard hat
- New MOL working at heights training, WHMIS training, etc… considered an asset
- Several years’ experience is an asset
- Solid foundation and understanding.
- Planning and organizational skills.
- Positive attitude and outlook.
- Working hour of 6:30am-5pm – varies based on workload/seasonally. Available for overtime, if required.
- ½ hour lunch (unpaid) and two 15 min breaks (paid)
- Competitive hourly wage based on skills and qualifications. 4% vacation pay, accrued.
- 3 month probation period
- Benefits with medical, dental, group life & ad&d
- Company uniform., half paid by employee
- Company vehicle for daily usage on site and to and from the shop.